EQUINE SPORTS MASSAGE:
- In accordance with the Veterinary Act 1966 * Animals cannot be treated without authorisation of the veterinary surgeon. This can usually be done via email either by yourself or by me. I will provide a paper form if necessary.
- I will require signed agreement that consent was given by the vet and the owner agrees to these terms and conditions.
- Whilst every care is taken of the animal undergoing treatment, it is done entirely at the the owners risk.
- Animals with infections or contagious conditions will not be treated.
- Owners are required to notify me if, during the course of treatments, the animals injury or condition worsenes, or if the veterinary surgeons advise the treatment is stopped or suspended.
- I reserve the right to refuse treatment of any animal.
- Please have your horse clean and dry before treatments and provide a safe environment to perform the massage. Failure to provide this may result in the session being cancelled and you may still be charged.
- All clients must complete a consultation form prior to treatment which outlines their general health.
- Treatments will only be conducted if I deem the treatment safe for the client to receive.
- GP/Consultant permission may be required before treatments can be provided
- I reserve the right to terminate a treatment immediately if the client demonstrates inappropriate behaviour.
- By signing the consultation form, clients are giving me permission to hold records and data about them.
- Personal information will not be shared with any third parties.
- RIDING IS A RISK SPORT - Your choice to ride is voluntary. I will take all reasonable care to provide a safe coaching session for all clients. All animals can be unpredictable. I strongly advise you to take out full personal accident cover if you have concerns for your own safety.
- Minimum safety equipment is a riding hat (should be PAS015 or BSEN138 standard or better) and riding boots. A body protector is optional and gloves are advised.
- I will email you a rider registration form which needs to be completed before the first lesson to enable me to know your medical history in the event of an accident. This form will also give me details of your previous riding experience so that your session can be adapted to your needs.
- The information you provide will always remain completely confidential.
- Lessons will usually go ahead in all weathers except those that present a safety risk, i.e.snow, ice, high winds, or thunder storms/TORRENTIAL rain.
- I will ask about the horse and it's background and I expect honest answers to questions about your horse and any problems associated with riding him/her.
- I appreciate that the odd fall comes with the territory, however I am NOT a crash test dummy.
- Please inform me immediately if your horse has any form of disease or has been in contact with those that have so that I can minimise the risk to others.
- Each session time may vary due to the needs of the horse. I will only work a horse for as long as I determine it is beneficial. The maximum time for tack up, ride and put away is usually 1 hour.
- Any appointments cancelled/ changed with more than 48 hours notice will not incur a charge if the space can be filled. However, I ask that all changes be made with as much notice as possible.
- Cancellations made within 48 hours where the space cannot be filled are subject to a 50% charge to cover the hire of facilities.
- Cancellations made within 24 hours will be charged in full unless in exceptional circumstances.
- With that in mind, please try to contact me in plenty of time if you expect bad weather to influence your decision to ride.
A minimum of 50% deposit is payable in advance to secure booking. Payment can be made by bank transfer. Bank details on request. Non payment may result in suspension of further bookings and may lead to full payment in advance in future.
* Equine Sports Massage is not a substitute for veterinary attention. All work carried out is in accordance with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966, which states that veterinary consent must be approved before working on any animal.
Back to home page.